Healthy Ponds® Blue Pond Water Colorant (52024, 52015, 52017, 52023)
For maximum effect, Healthy Ponds® Blue Pond Water Colorant is best used in conjunction with our dispensers and supplements. Within 24 hours of applying the Healthy Ponds® Blue Pond Water Colorant, the pond will take on a beautiful appearance that will reflect the sky. Made from certifiable food-grade quality dyes, our colorants are veterinarian approved and safe for fish, plants, pets, and people.
Direction For Use:
Calculate pond volume: Length x Width x Depth x 7.5 = Total Gallons
FOR COLORANT 52024
- 2,500 gallons per level spoonful
- One container treats up to 250,000 gallons
- Carefully open. One level spoonful treats 2,500 gallons
- Disperses best when applied upwind
- Follow label instructions
- Retain usage rate records for future reference.
For Colorants 52011 & 52014
Pond Treatment (based on number of gallons)
- Add one 5 oz. water soluble bag for every 500,000 gallons of water.
Example: To treat 1,000,000 gallons of water, it requires two 5 oz. water soluble bags.
- Repeat every 30 days, or as needed to retain desired color.
- Apply bags from an upwind direction, to aid in product dispersion.
- Gently toss the bag into the middle of the water. Distribute evenly when using multiple bags.
- Allow 24 hours for full dispersion.
- Follow label instructions.
- Retain usage rate records for future reference, and retreat as needed to retain desired color.
For Colorants 52015, 52017 & 52023
One half ounce = ½ tablespoon (T.) Healthy Ponds® Pond Water Colorant treats 50,000 gallons
- Calculate ounces of colorant needed to treat pond
Total Gallons ÷ 100,000 = Ounces of product
To treat 50,000 gallons of water, apply 1/2 ounce (½ T.) of pond colorant.
To treat 100,000 gallons of water, apply 1 ounce (1 T.) of pond colorant.
- Measure the needed amount of colorant.
- Broadcast into pond from multiple locations when possible.
- For dramatic appearance, add additional colorant after waiting 12-24 hours. Monitor color every 30 days, to determine longevity of color and application frequency. Retail usage rate records for future reference.
HELPFUL APPLICATION TIPS:
Applying the colorant upwind will help it disperse throughout your pond.
Always document and update how much colorant you applied. This will help you determine the timing and amount of product needed for future applications.
Water quality and turbidity will affect the amount of colorant required to maintain the desired effect.
Rainfall, sunlight and pond conditions will affect how frequently you will need to reapply the colorant.
Always wear gloves, and protect your clothing when applying colorants.
For additional information on pond treatment, read label closely.